Friday, November 23, 2012

They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard, gard, ga ga ga gard

So, I recently acquired a few of the new Hobbit movie figures, The Goblin King with Thorin Oakenshield and Grinnah the Goblin.







Grinnah is pretty cool, some nice sculpting and paint detail, and neat accessories.







Nice pose on the hand


The Goblin King is also pretty cool, good sculpting but with very noticeable joints. And for that many joints he really does not have great pose-ability, I tried to get him in a more dynamic pose but this is about as far as I could get it.


Cool crown for the king (say that 10 times)

 Nicely detailed staff.

ew

Thorin Oakenshield has a good likeness of the actor but has the same problem as the Goblin King, it was difficult to pose in a more dynamic stance.


He does come with a really cool sword in a nice little sheath though.


All in all I like these figures, I guess that's why I got them. I have a few reservations about the design of the Goblins Kings face, seems a little too squished to me, but I couldn't pass up a cool monster figure. I am kicking myself for not picking up a Cave Troll and Treebeard from LOTR when they were on clearance 10 or so years ago.




It would be cool to have a little shelf with all the Dwarves, Bilbo, Gandalf and Gollum on it too. I might have to arrange for that.

2 comments: