Friday, April 20, 2012

HELP! I'M BEING INVADED!

AAH MY PERSONAL SPACE!

I started collecting hipster vinyl toys back in 2005 when I found out about Kidrobot. The style of the figures and the collectable nature of many of the series really hooked me in.

Most of my vinyl toy collection has since been sold or given away to friends and I only have a few things left from back then.... but I digress, where was I?

oh yeah, AAH MY PERSONAL SPACE!  I'M BEING INVADED BY MARS!

 Mars-1 and STRANGEco teamed up in 2006 and brought the series "Invisible Plan" to the designer toy market.  Invisible Plan consisted of these weird and wonderful extra terrestrial beings.

They look like they jumped right off an old sci-fi movie poster.

 This big guy isn't technically from the Invisible Plan line, but he was a separate release called the "Observer". But he fits right into the series, just look at the detail!

 The problem for me was that all these dudes were blind boxed AND they were not sold locally where I live. (only within the past year or so they started selling vinyl toys at the local comic shops.)

 This totally sucked for me and I was only able to collect about half the line. Oh yea did I mention the blind boxes also contained red variants for each figure? So not only did I have to dodge getting duplicated I also had to dodge color variants. Lame sauce.

Most of these dudes were bought from people who frequented the Kidrobot boards at the time.
I would have liked to complete the set, but flippers (or as Reis from the Dork Hord calls them "neck bearded scalpers")  really hinder people collecting these things. Especially designer toys.

I'm not holding my breath finding the rest of the series, I'm just glad I was able to get the ones I have now. These guys are some of my favorite toys on display.

2 comments:

  1. I don't really know what these are but they look really cool together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are what they are, and they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete